Your Ad Here

Friday, July 6, 2007

HG steak



Excuse the bad photograph but I was too busy eating... Anyway, as they say over in Make Up Alley, I've found my HG (Holy Grail to all you make up philistines)! Only in this case, it's a steak. Yes! 200grams of good Ribeye, rare as FUCK and only FOURTEEN DOLLARS! GASP!

Actually, I had two steaks that day, in accordance with my good-cheap-steak search. The first was a crappy 120g minute steak at Delifrance (ten dollars). It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! It was honestly well cooked... like, seared. But, the quality of the meat really let me down. It was terrible. 120g is just enough meat for me though, but anyway.

My friend Eugene brought me to Botak Jones a couple of days back and I was so impressed by the Cajun Chicken (photo below) that I resolved to come back and try their steak. The Cajun Chicken was beautifully juicy and, incredibly, only seven dollars. Insanity!?



Also, the beer that you see in the photo is only fourteen dollars. Again, INSANITY!?

Ok, so where do you find this land of wonders? It's actually in nowhere-land, BRADDELL, situated right beside the Singapore Press Holdings building. Do not be deceived by the industrial-looking hawker center building! It may look dirty and yucky from the outside but inside, it is actually wonderfully clean and well ventilated.

As a smoker, however, I sat outside in the little smoking area which is much nicer than the hawker center inside. It's surrounded by lots and lots of plants and is just big enough to pretend you're in some kind of jungle. Or maybe not. Anyway, it's also full of mosquitoes but that's alright. And why??



BECAUSE OMG LOOK AT HOW MUCH MARGARITA THERE IS! And its GOOD, TASTY Margarita with proper tequila, almost as tasty as Cafe Iguana's (the salt they use is MUCH tastier than Cafe Iguana's for some weird reason) and its only.... *drumroll*... EIGHT DOLLARS AND FIFTY CENTS! GASP!

I am having spasms from the unbelievable prices, seriously. A jug costs only twenty, all day/night long. Which is better than waiting for the midnight 50% thing to kick in at Cafe Iguana...

So... what are you waiting for? Patronize this place!! I really think it's a true act of philanthropy to provide such great food for such amazingly low prices. Botak Jones, whoever he is, should be King Of Food.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love Botak Jones food. I'm gonna wake up in 8 hours' time and head to the Clementi outlet for brunch. No kidding.

July 7, 2007 at 11:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i heard that the burgers are also pretty good. we should try that the next time we go there!

July 7, 2007 at 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home