Your Ad Here

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Unhealth VS Health! Food fight!

When I was still in Junior College, I used to have this habit of eating the same food for lunch day in and day out for a month. I think it was because the school was somewhere in, like, nowhereland, where good food was hard to find. I used to eat Nasi Lemak EVERY SINGLE DAY until one strange and fucked-up day when the Nasi Lemak woman gave me THREE ANCHOVIES with my Nasi Lemak. THREE. I counted them in front of my friend. THREE FUCKING ANCHOVIES, can you believe it?? I mean, one is supposed to get... at least... ten? At least more than it would trouble you to count anyway. I was quite offended, really. Maybe they had some kind of anchovy shortage in the stall but still, aren't I a regular? A valued customer? Apparently not.

Anyway, it was because of this that I started eating... THIS.




Uh oh. What is that? This, my friends, is the space oddity known to man as a MODANYAKI OMELETTE. It consists of chemical yellow noodles fried and wrapped inside an omelette which is then drenched with mayonnaise, Okonomiyaki sauce and fish flakes. You know, the stuff you find on Takoyaki balls. It is sold in a shop in Jurong Entertainment Center known as KOBAYASHI which specializes in terribly cheap, badly done Japanese food. And it's terribly cheap too. Four dollars will get you this plus a drink. Anyhow, it's one of the most TERRIBLY UNHEALTHY things I've ever tasted in my short life. Halfway through you start to feel... oh maybe this isn't for me... but you keep eating! You just keep eating! And you buy it again! Why?? Why?? I ate these for a week straight before I fell sick. I actually fell sick eating this. But I went back and bought it AGAIN!




WHY?? My gut instinct tells me it's because... THE PLACE IS CALLED KOBAYASHI.

Since everyone should watch Star Trek, everyone should already know about the KOBAYASHI MARU. The no-win scenario test which was made popular in Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan. A NO-WIN SCENARIO TEST describes this dish perfectly. Eating it makes you sick. It's not so much that it can make you full. There are other cheaper things around. BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO EAT IT because somewhere... there exists the possibility that maybe... just maybe... your stomach can best this beast.

Speaking of besting beasts... is it JUST A COINCIDENCE that the Japanese competitive eating champion's name is TAKERU KOBAYASHI?? I think NOT! Imbued with his spirit (watch him try to best a beast HERE... i'm not kidding, his opponent is a giant bear) Kobayashi draws people into itself and they all become possessed with... um... eating. Yes! EEEeevil! But good for the first five minutes. So go! Go and eat this! If only for the experience of being possessed. And it's only four dollars! So the money you save, you can use for detoxing with....





ULTIMATE HEALTH COMBATOR OF FREEDOM! HAKKA THUNDER TEA RICE!!

Feeling fucked up after eating the Modanyaki Omelette?? Then you need this! And right away! This paragon of health consists of a bowl of healthy brown rice topped by healthy vegetables, tofu and nuts (amazing isn't it) and to eat it, you pour this thick green tea all over it and mix up until it becomes like so.




And then you eat it! And feel the healthy flowing back into your toes! For about five minutes.... and then you start thinking... why am I eating rabbit food? This is a traditional Hakka dish that can be found in Suntec City's Food Empire. It's not that cheap... maybe 5 dollars? I can't really remember. Only one dollar more BUT it doesn't come with a drink. NO THE TEA IS NOT A DRINK.

It's pretty interesting because the bland natural flavours of this dish is in complete contrast to the fucked up artificial flavours of the Modanyaki Omelette. It's better to eat daily, by far, but you'll probably get sick of it sooner. Though you'll be healthier for it. Eating this dish is like walking down a nice, bright, cold lane in China. Lovely but boring. The Modanyaki, however, is like listening to Para Para music. Fun but sickening.


Anyway, what is the moral of this story?? Hmm... Unhealth VS Health, do we have a winner? I seriously cannot decide this on my own. Why don't you go and eat both and tell me?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've eaten both!

maybe they should make lei cha wrapped in omelette. :x

February 20, 2008 at 6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home